The City of Lebanon provides electric, water, and sewer service to customers living within the city limits. Customers can pay bills, transfer accounts, and begin or end service at Lebanon City Hall. Please note that some residents may have electric service through Laclede Electric Cooperative.
Deposit fees for utility setup are as follows:
- Electric - $80
- Water - $20
Commercial Deposit - Two-month average for the address of the business (12 months total consumption, divided by 12 and multiplied by two).
Follow the links on the right for helpful information or if you have questions call the Utilities Office at (417) 532-2345.
The City of Lebanon accepts a range of payment options for utilities, and offers convenient E-Billing.
The City of Lebanon offers a variety of ways to pay your utility bill.
- Pay on our online payment portal 24/7.
- Pay by phone 24/7 - (866) 795-5935 (requires account number and last payment amount to utilize.
- Night Deposit Box at Lebanon City Hall.
- Mail your payment to City of Lebanon, P.O. Box 111, Lebanon, MO 65536.
- Drive-Through Window 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.
- Visit our lobby 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.
The City of Lebanon's E-Billing service allows you to receive your utility bill via email the minute it becomes available. No waiting! No hassle! Sign up today!
Benefits of Going Paperless:
- Eliminate paper clutter – view your utility bill directly from your email.
- View statements as soon as they're available – stop waiting for the mail.
- Protect against identity theft – feel safer with less paper to shred and fewer account documents in your mailbox.
- Help the environment – by reducing paper consumption.
How to Sign Up:
- Fill out our sign up form.
- Read the Terms and Conditions
- Accept the Terms and Conditions by checking the box next to the words “I want to go paperless.”
- Click the Submit button on the form.
Once your request to go paperless has been processed, your next generated utility bill will be emailed to you. Please note that customers should add DONOTREPLY@LEBANONMO.ORG to their email's Safe Senders list to prevent their bills from being directed to their junk folder.
Online Bill Pay
Pay your utility account from your computer or mobile device with a debit or credit card (Mastercard and Visa only). It’s easy, saves postage and time, and is available 24/7 for your convenience!
Utilization of this convenience provides you the ability to:
- Access your updated account instantly
- View real time balances, payment amounts, and due dates
- View graphs detailing consumption history
- Sign up for E-Billing
The maximum payment you may make using this service is $1500. Payments received after normal business hours, on weekends, or holidays will be posted to your account on the next business day. Your information is secure and will only be used for the purpose of processing your payment.
Access your account balance and pay your utility bill by phone 24/7 by calling (866) 795-5935. It's simple, convenient and secure! The maximum payment you may make using this service is $1,500. Payments received after normal business hours, on weekends, or holidays will be posted to your account on the next business day.
Lebanon Utilities Customer Portal
Utility customers can now sign up for the Lebanon Utilities Customer Portal. The portal is a web-based application that will allow customers to view current and past water and electric usage data. Customers can use that information to make more informed decisions about utility usage. The application features an easy-to-read graphical interface and will allow customers to set up threshold alerts via text message.
To register, visit Lebanon Utilities Customer Portal Web Page.. If you need assistance registering, call Lebanon City Hall or visit one of our customer service representatives in the utilities’ office.
To report a power outage or other utility concern, please call (417) 322-9001. The Lebanon Police Department no longer accepts utility interruption calls.
Additional Bill Pay Information
- All payments received after 5 p.m. will be posted to the next business day.
- Postmark will no longer serve as payment date.
- Same Day Service: 3 p.m. deadline for services that are shut off for nonpayment.
- Same Day Service: Noon. deadline for new connections.