The City of Lebanon is launching its Comprehensive Planning process to provide the community with a compelling vision and plan that will guide decision-making and future development. The Plan, dubbed as Lebanon 2040, will address various aspects of the city’s growth and quality of life, such as:
- Land use and development patterns
- Infrastructure and transportation
- Urban design and aesthetics
- Parks, trails, and open spaces
- Economic development and vitality
- Community health and wellness
The Comprehensive Plan will help the city achieve its goals of enhancing its livability, sustainability, resilience, and prosperity. It will also reflect the community’s values, aspirations, and priorities for the future.
The Comprehensive Plan process will include a robust community engagement period that will begin in the coming weeks and will continue throughout the duration of the process. The city will offer multiple opportunities for residents, businesses, and stakeholders to share their ideas and feedback through various events, such as:
- A community survey
- Youth and business/development meetings that will target specific groups and interests
- An in-person and virtual public open house that will showcase the draft vision and goals of the plan
- Community pop-up events that will reach out to different neighborhoods and locations
“We’re working throughout the community to make plans for the future and the future growth of Lebanon,” said Mayor Jared Carr. “We want everyone to be part of this process and help us shape the direction of our city for the next 20 years.”
The goal is to finalize the Lebanon Comprehensive Master Plan by Spring of 2024.
The planning process will consist of four phases: Discovery, Visioning, Alternatives, and Implementation. The city has hired Olsson Studio, a leading firm in comprehensive planning, to assist with the project.
The public can learn more about the project by visiting www.lebanonmoplan2040.com which includes information about the comprehensive planning process and upcoming community engagement events.
The city will also provide announcements of these events on their Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram feeds.
Don’t miss this chance to have your voice heard and contribute to Lebanon 2040!
Join us at our next event or visit our website today!